Re: getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:23:03 -0800

On Mar 9, 2005, at 10:37, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

Hello,

On a virgin Mac OS 10.3.8, I'm trying to install LilyPond devel.
`fink install lilypond-devel' fails, for mftrace
depends on tetex-dev (avaliable version: 2.0.2), which conflicts with
libkpathsea4 (3.0).

Is there a workaround or should I just wait that tetex-dev is
eventually upgraded to 3.0?

[there is no place where all these unstable branch packages are
already compiled?]

Yes, there is, but it isn't enabled by default. If you enable the unstable packages, it will all work nicely.

Two ways to do it:
1. Use the Fink Commander application that comes with the Fink distribution (but needs a separate install). In the Preferences dialogue, put a check mark beside "use unstable packages". 2. To accomplish the same thing manually, edit /sw/etc/fink.conf so that "unstable/main" is included in the "Trees:" line.

David