Re: Simple OS X Lily previewer in the works (was getting Lily/mftrace on

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Simple OS X Lily previewer in the works (was getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:57:49 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > (3) Echoing Han-Wen's inquiry about a binary distribution: what would
> > be a reasonable price?
>
> two cents to that discussion on the list recently either. but: i find
> the concept of "reasonable" when it comes to software like this
> undefinable.
>
> something for me with no reimbursement, but it does imply that if there
> were a way to keep the program free of fee, i for one would be very
> grateful.

Anyone prefers free stuff over having to pay, that's not what the
question is about. A binary distribution and/or a TeX-shop-like shell
offers you convenience by saving you a lot of time and effort. The
question is: how much money are you willing to pay for that
convenience? In other words: at how much do you value your time?