NEW: bundled OpenBSD ports for LilyPond 2.4.5

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: NEW: bundled OpenBSD ports for LilyPond 2.4.5
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:23:42 +0100

Hi!

Spoiler for address@hidden:

  Please get this as FYI. I know most of you have much more important
  things to do now (testing). But just in case someone has too much
  spare time, and is interested in electronic music typesetting (by
  hobby or professional), I wanted to let you know.

  Some of those ports may be useful for 3.8. Indeed, I hope to get
  all of this into 3.8, althought there are some nasty conflicts.

[End of spoiler]

On http://openbsd.dead-parrot.de/lilyport/ you can now download a
small collection of ports for OpenBSD 3.7 beta (i.e. -current or
recent snapshots) that let you run LilyPond 2.4.5 on your beloved
operating system.

All this is based on the initial work done by Matt Jibson, who's
currently on a port of LilyPond 2.5.*. Matt's mail some days ago
was a fine kick-in-the-ass for me, since porting LilyPond was on
my ever-growing TODO-list for months.

For the insane who trust people they don't know (me), I've prepared
binary packages (i386 and macppc).

All others should just download the bundled ports collections,
extract it into /usr/ports/mystuff and -- well, you really should
know how to build and install a port on OpenBSD. Some caveats are
mentioned in the above mentioned URL.

For now, please report any build, install and dependency problems
to me. Do not under any circumstances complain to any of the
@openbsd.org mailinglists. I've set the MAINTAINER of all this ports
to my address for clarification.

Happy Engraving,

        Kili

ps: I'd love to see this thing on http://lilypond.org/web/download/;
for matching artwork, see http://www.openbsd.org/art4.html (I'd
prefer the painted Puffy).

pps: in case, someone has enough skill in graphical artwork (and
enough time): I'd donate you a sixpack of Jever Pilsener for a nice
graphic with Puffy doing something related to LilyPond -- Puffy
playing the piano would be a real challenge.