Re: i´ve got a problem

From: Szabó Árpád Zoltán
Subject: Re: i´ve got a problem
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:18:33 +0200

Either you had choosen "Install from Internet, (downloaded files will be
kept for future re-use)", or "Download without installing" during running
setup.exe, you had to specify a "Local Package Directory", so you should
have a directory structure on your hard drive similar to this:

- [Local Package Directory, eg. c:\tmp]
-- [something like]
http%3a%2f%2fwww.mirror.ac.uk%2fsites%2fsources.redhat.com%2fftp%2fcygwin
--- release
---- [ lots ]
---- [ of ]
---- [ subdirectories containing the packages ]

Files needed for the installation are all kept in that directory, so you
have to copy *that* directory and all its subdirectories and files to the
offline computer (eg. write it to a (possibly rewritable) CD-ROM, or via
direct connection between the two PCs - this latter can be accomplished even
with a simple printer cable), as well as the setup.exe.

Then run setup.exe on the offline computer, and chose "install from local
directory", and specify "Local Package Directory" as the directory where you
copied the files.

--
Árpád