problem running lilypond on windoze

From: Chip
Subject: problem running lilypond on windoze
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 18:18:49 -0800

I've had lily installed on windoze for quite some time now and it used to work fine. Then recently something changed because now when I try to run lilypond from the command line I get the error

C:\\temp> lilypond
'lilypond' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Process lilypond exited with code 1
C:\\temp>

I use Jedit and the plugins/console. So I did a fresh download/install of lilypond/cygwin and still get that same error. Is this a windoze problem or cygwin or jedit?
--
Chip