Re: [ debian woody ] little problem with text fonts in pdf files

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: [ debian woody ] little problem with text fonts in pdf files
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:32:03 +0200

Tanguy Léost <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems i have a problem with the font in the pdf files:
> everything looks fine, except for the letter 'u' in the
> titles, which looks weird.  This appears only in the pdf
> file, the ps file looks very nice.

Yep, you are right, I experience the same problem with
version 2.4.2.  I found a workaround: update
ec-fonts-mftraced to version 1.0.12-1 (ie. download it from
http://lilypond.org/download/fonts/ and invoke dpkg -i on
the package).  This will probably give you the error

/var/lib/dpkg/info/ec-fonts-mftraced.postinst: updmap: command not found

which doesn't seem to cause problems for me (done a VERY
superficial test only) but results in a well-shaped 'u' in
the titles.

> I tried to use the same source file with lilypond-snapshot
> on a debian sid, and the result is perfect in the pdf
> file.

Seems like it's an error in the old versions of the
ec-fonts-mftraced package.

> I tried to upgrade my debian woody but the site seems to
> be down...  (http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/debian ... has
> it moved somewhere else?)

It moved to nowhere...  afavant.elte.hu has been cracked and
now all the servers are taken down.  Sorry.  If anybody
needs a post-2.4.2 package for Woody, please speak up,
otherwise I probably won't rush fixing this, as compiling
2.6 looks unfeasible on Woody and Sarge is nearing release
anyway (in Debian terms, of course :).

> any idea to fix this on the debian stable?

Given above.  Hope it works for you.
--
Feri.