Re: Turn with two accidentals

From: David Sanders
Subject: Re: Turn with two accidentals
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:51:04 +0100 (BST)

> The easiest is probably to typeset it all using a single \markup.
> Something like:
> a4^\markup{\column {\teeny \sharp } { \musicglyph #"scripts-turn" }
> {\teeny \sharp} }

That looks like it should do exactly what I want, but I get the following
errors:

-----------
test.ly:2:19: error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting '<':
a4^\markup{\column
                   {\teeny \sharp } { \musicglyph #"scripts-turn" }  {
\teeny \sharp } }

test.ly:2:76: error: syntax error, unexpected MARKUP_HEAD_MARKUP0:
a4^\markup{\column {\teeny \sharp } { \musicglyph #"scripts-turn" }  {
\teen

y \sharp } }

test.ly:2:87: error: Error found in this music expression. Ignoring it:
a4^\markup{\column {\teeny \sharp } { \musicglyph #"scripts-turn" }  {
\teeny \sharp }

}
------------------

I don't know enough internals to sort this out.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

David.

> David Sanders wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have looked carefully in the manual, but have not managed to find any
> > information on how to do the following.  (Version 2.4.2, Linux)
> >
> > I need to place a turn with a sharp sign below and another sharp sign
> > above.  I tried
> >
> > a4^\markup { \teeny \sharp }^\turn^\markup { \teeny \sharp }
> >
> > but it gives me two sharp signs below the turn.
> >
> > The manual page
> > http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/
> > user/out-www/lilypond/Articulations.html#Articulations
> >
> > says that
> > "When two objects have the same priority, the order in which they are
> > entered decides which one comes first."
> >
> > but explicitly setting the priorities the same via
> >
> > \override TextScript #'script-priority = #-100
> > \override Script #'script-priority = #-100
> >
> > does not seem to make any difference.
> >

> > I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to accomplish this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > David.

> --
>       Mats Bengtsson