jazz lead sheet questions

From: Jason Flatley
Subject: jazz lead sheet questions
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:50:25 -0400

I am making a jazz lead sheet and I have two questions.

1) I need the treble clef and key signature to be printed at the beginning of the first line, and then never again on subsequent lines. I tried making the treble clefs on these lines invisible, but it left too much blank staff space on the left. Also, I need these lines to begin with a barline. Is this possible?

2) Is it possible to put rehearsal marks (letters) in boxes so that the right edge of the box is just resting over the beginning of the staff? (This way, the box is almost in the margin, so doesn't conflict with the chord symbols).

Thank you very much.

-Jason Flatley