Re: Relative Chords

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Relative Chords
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:36:43 -0700

On 21-Apr-05, at 9:37 AM, Joshua Koo wrote:

Hi,

Just something to clarify using chords in a relative block, lets say

\relative {
        pitchA  < pitchB pitchC > pitchD
}

which pitch will be relatived to which pitch?

pitchB relative to pitchA.  PitchC relative to B.  pitchD relative to B.

\relative {
        pitchA  << pitchB \\ pitchC pitchD \\ pitchE >> pitchF
}

B to A, C to B... F to B... hmm, I'm not sure about D and E.

It's fairly easy to figure out by experimentation.

I didnt seem to spot any documentation on this.

I'll get around to it. Of course, I'd get around to it quicker if you told me
exactly what to put where.  :)
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding.html

Cheers,
- Graham