Re: Solfeggio

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: Solfeggio
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:45:38 +0100

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

> We could use the LilyPond compiler to read a (part of a) file, make
> some transformation (relative->absolute, transposition) and then
> output the result. That would require to define functions that can
> print music expressions. For most common tasks, only notes/skips/rests
> would be changed, so other pieces of text would be left as is (we have
> access for each music expression to start/end locations, and to the
> input text). So we would need to write 1) functions that format
> notes/rests/skips and 2) the logic of the wanted transformations.
> LilyPond gives the parsing for free. Then, this could be used in
> editors, with the benefit of being editor-independant.

Yes it wold be very useful if lilypond could output lilypond source
code. For instance suppose you wanted one part to imitate another part
except for the odd note here or there. You could use a variable to store
the first part and use \transpose to get the second. If lilypond could
then output the transposed second part (without the \transpose, of
course) you could change these notes few by hand.

/Bernard