Re: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to remove the time signature without removing the barlines
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:23:56 +0200

There are thousand of different useful settings you can do
in a LilyPond file, so it's impossible to include them all
in any manual or Tips&Tricks document. Therefore, I think the
main ambition of the manual should be to explain the general
principles for how to do such a setting and provide a small
but illustrative set of examples.

Honestly, was it really that difficult to modify the example
you refer to? The example is said to remove bar lines and
time signatures and contains one line setting "whichBar" and
one line refering to a Time_signature_engraver. It seems fairly
obvious to me which of the two lines removes the bar lines and
which one takes away the time signatures.

   /Mats

Bostjan Kuzman wrote:
Thanks. I think this should be listed in Tips&Tricks section of documentation. The only example I could found before was http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/input/test/out-www/lily-1925210114.ly and I couldn't fix it to do what I wanted.

Bostjan Kuzman

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Bostjan Kuzman wrote:

How can I remove or make the time signature symbol transparent? Removing the time signature engraver also removes the barlines, which I do not want.

When I try it here, the bar lines certainly remain. Example
(for versions 2.4 or 2.5):

\score{
\new Staff \with {\remove "Time_signature_engraver" }
{ c d e f | g f e d | c1 |}
}

   /Mats

        Mats Bengtsson