Distance between staves

From: Renato Biolcati Rinaldi
Subject: Distance between staves
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 00:56:29 +0200

Hello
How do I decrease the distance between staves?
The command

\set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)

Doesn't seem to help much, I tried all possible combination of numbers but
there is always a minimum distance between staves which I don't know how to
decrease.

I would like to print the attached music on a sinlge page without using a
font too small (say with a 16). The orginal is printed on a single A4 page
with a font size more or less like feta 16, with Lilypond I need two pages
instead, and there is a lot of room between staves.
This is concert piece so after all I may also keep it in 2 pages, but I must
copy plenty of parade music and it is imperative that I am able to print a
piece on a sinlge A5 landscape sheet and with a decent font size because
it's music to be played while standing or even worse while walking:-)
Ciao
Renato
http://nightpassage.org