Re: [lilypond 2.2.0] drums.scm

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: [lilypond 2.2.0] drums.scm
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:28:54 +0200

What version of the Tutorial did you read? I cannot find any information
at all related to percussion in the tutorial.
On the other hand, the section on "Entering Percussion" in the
full manual refers to the file ly/drumpitch-init.ly, which on your
system probably is located in
/usr/share/lilypond/2.2.0/ly/drumpitch-init.ly
See also the section called "Percussion staves" and the example
file called "drums.ly in the Regression Test document.
As always, make sure to look at the version of the manual that
matches your version of the program.

It may also be useful to search the mailing list archives for more
information.

   /Mats

pascal lawrynowicz wrote:
Hi,
I try to work with Lilypond-2.2.0 for my website www.percunivers.com and other professionnal applications.

As a drummer I'm really intersted by the drum notation, and I start using lilypond this way. I cannot find the file : "drums.scm" in the tutorial it should be in /usr/share/lilypond/2.2.0/scm, but no I cannot find it.
I think I cannot write drum music without it.
Where can I find it?
Is there another way to write drums?
Where can I find templates for drums notation?

I try with other versions (2.4.X) and cannot find the file.

lilypond-2.2.0-2mdk.i586.rpm
mandrake 10.1
kernel 2.6.8.1-10mdksmp

Thanks,