Re: Can't see web pages

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Can't see web pages
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:15:19 +0200

On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:30:49 -0300
Bruno wrote:

> Hi, I'm not able any more to see some of Lilypond's web pages.
> Often, when I try a link,

What link? Nobody can answer your question if you do not
say what link.

Normally the sites responds pretty servilely. I have
just tried a few links to be sure that the site is up.

>   ... I receive an error message named http
> 406. My platform is Windows XP and my brouser, Internet Explorer
> 6.026. I have tried other computers, all with Windows, with the
> same results. How could I get help about that?

The 406 code means that Your Microsoft platform does not have
the appropriate language code installed - could it be that you
have told the browser not to accept UTF-8 (Unicode
Transformation Format Type 8?)

Regards
Donald Axel

--