Re: missing lilypond-tex-metrics.tex

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: Re: missing lilypond-tex-metrics.tex
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:07:34 -0700 (PDT)

Well,

I read the docs and I still am coming short:
The file structure page uses the phrase:
"music should be inside other expressions"
I gather it means music must be inside other
expressions.

then it says:
"A .ly file contains any number of toplevel
expressions, where a toplevel expression is one of the
following"

well this is vague. because if some top level elements
are left out the file won't parse while if others are
left out it will.

the example given doesn't use a \score {} block, so I
must assume that lilypond no longer requires a score
block?

I see a layout block has this replaced the \paper{} ?

the example only has layout, but the beginning of the
tutorial has a snippit that does use \paper{}.

I am in the mean time still trying to make a layout
with no includes and lyrics.
Is this the right structure for lyrics?
does it go inside the parentheis of the notes or
outside?
so far in either case I get junking lyrics event from
lilypond...

\lyricmode {
    the cow said moo moo
}