Re: note and dynamics collisions in lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: note and dynamics collisions in lilypond
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:00:27 -0700

On 4-Jul-05, at 2:09 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

On Saturday 02 July 2005 21.51, Stephen wrote:
Have you heard whether there is a move to eliminate collisions between
notes and dynamics?

dynamics work the same way as text. Have you read the manual section "Changing
defaults"?

There are no collisions[1] between notes and dynamics -- at least, not for notes in a single Voice. If you've got polyphony, collisions may occur. And
there's certainly collisions between dynamics and slurs.

See 4.3 Fixing overlapping notation and Changing Defaults
for some suggestions on fixing it.

[1] by "no collisions", I mean "there should be none". I'm not ruling out
undocumented bugs, of course.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham