Re: opening files with Notepad

From: David Tweet
Subject: Re: opening files with Notepad
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:13:36 -0700

That's weird, I just opened wtk-1-fugue2.ly (one of the examples from the website) in Notepad and it seems like the newline character is getting printed as an empty rectangle(???).  The files I made in emacs display fine though.

I use XEmacs on Windows XP, so I can get all the fun syntax highlighting colors.  For Windows I would recommend it over Gnu Emacs, just because it allows you to take advantage of WinXP's ClearType font smoothing ( _much_ easier on the eyes ).  You can get it for free at http://www.xemacs.org

Other things like jedit might be better or easier, I just haven't tried them.

-david.