Re: Bad sourcefont [WAS:]What's the least input into a score to get midi

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Bad sourcefont [WAS:]What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:51:02 +0200

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:08:33 -0500
Fairchild wrote:

>  Or, better, can Lily be fixed to accept all single
> quote characters interchangeably?

That is not a good idea IMHO.

Single quotes beyond the standard ' are not widespread common
heritage. 0x92 did not show up as a single quote in my software
and besides the problem could extend to all other kinds of bad
glyphs which are difficult for the beginner to distinguish from
each other (example given: l,1,|,I, or the other often
difficult-to-read series: Ø,Ö,Ô,0,O,Q,o,ò,ó,ö,õ,ô...)

Maybe most people will have difficulties reading the above string
because we use lousy fonts?

It is necessary to tell people to use readable fonts. You may
laugh, I use Linux 12x24 (Fixed/Sony) in order to get past such
mistakes. The smaller 8x16 version of Fixed/Sony is excellent,
too.

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel