Tie a tremolando - tremolo tied to chord

From: Steve D
Subject: Tie a tremolando - tremolo tied to chord
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:41:20 -0600

A while back I asked about the possibility of, and then sponsored, a
feature to tie grace note and other arpeggios to a following chord.
Han-Wen created the

\set tieWaitForNote = ##t  (or ##f, as the case may require)

feature as a result, which greatly simplified the piano score I was
notating at the time.

I have found another real-world practical use for the tieWaitForNote
feature: tieing a tremolando (tremolo) chord to a following chord. The
following bit of lilypond code for the upper staff of a piano score:

    \set tieWaitForNote = ##t \repeat "tremolo" 12 { ef'32~ ef,~ }
    <ef' ef,>4 \set tieWaitForNote = ##f <df df,>4 <c c,>4

produces the result shown in the PNG image attached to this email
(tied-tremolando-example.png).

Thank you so much for this feature Han-Wen.

-sd