Re: alignment: gjpqy chars in markup

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: alignment: gjpqy chars in markup
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:59:14 -0700

On 14-Aug-05, at 3:34 AM, fiëé visuëlle wrote:

Am 2005-08-14 um 05:56 schrieb Graham Percival:

What's the best way to get two markup strings (once containing a gjpqy, the other without such characters) to align? In the example below, the "bag" is typeset
higher than "foo", because the "g" requires space under the line.

Did you try a \strut in both strings?
(It's TeX stuff, so I don't know if it will still work, can't test it at the moment)

Unfortunately it doesn't work. In lilypond, \strut "Create a box of the same height as
the space in the current font".

Hmm... is there an easy way to print an invisible letter? ie something like
c'4^\markup{ foo \hideLetter g }

I know how I could make an entire textscript invisible, but I don't know how to
make a single invisible letter.

Cheers,
- Graham