Re: sponsoring better tied chords?

From: VSD
Subject: Re: sponsoring better tied chords?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:30:39 +0200

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:27:34 +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

The solution that you propose can relatively easily be added, but I think it is a poor man's substitute for the real thing, which is automatic formatting.

agreed.

I think that it should be possible to automate it, and I would gladly work on this as a sponsored feature. It would be a somewhat bigger feature (perhaps 800 eur, I'm not sure yet), as the Tie formatting needs to be redone. I'll have a look this week what is involved. If there is a need for more sponsors, I can put up an announcement on lilypond.org.

I would be glad to co-sponsor this feature. I'm afraid I can't go beyond 100 eur, but if Steve contributes another 100, then we "only" would need 6 more contributors.

Anyone else?

Vincent