Re: 2 Questions: marking "sections" and automatic beaming

From: mark
Subject: Re: 2 Questions: marking "sections" and automatic beaming
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:41:56 +0100

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:14:31 +0100, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Read about "rehearsal marks" in the documentation.

Thanks - read that and tried.  Rehearsal marks seem to get me almost all the
way there, but they seem a little inconsistent (unless I've made another error
somewhere).

First of all, see the updated examples:

http://flet.org/tests/The-New-Way-to-Bowden.ly
http://flet.org/tests/The-New-Way-to-Bowden.pdf

The first rehearsal mark seems to get partly buried inside the key signature,
even though it's in the same relative place as the others which appear over
the next note.

Also, I think what I'm after is a mark which appears above the bar line (or
over the time signiture in the first instance).  That way, there is the
implication that it is a label for the whole repeat section.

> An additional comment about your file: Why not use the
> builtin support for repeats in LilyPond?

Thanks very much.  That's really helpful.

Mark.