Re: force natural sign

From: lfanele
Subject: Re: force natural sign
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:10:23 +0200

is there a way to put a natural sign manually? in this example the natural sign is left out at the b, but i want to make sure the reader understands it is a b not a bes.

See 6.1.3 Cautionary accidentals.

It's possible that this won't work in 2.6, though. I tested it in 2.7.4, but I have a vague recollection that "! forces a natural to appear" was a recent thing.

Cheers,
- Graham

Thanks Graham, the ! did the trick, but in the 2.6 manual there is no hint that the "! forces a natural to appear". Having just learned lilypond 2 days ago, I think it won't be a good idea for me to switch over to the 2.7 releases (please correct me if i'm wrong about that).
stephen