Re: offset not working

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: offset not working
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:00:44 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
So now I know why no-spacing-rods does not work, and thus why fatText does not work, however I still don't know how to get a multirest bar to accomodate the width of markup text. I have gotten close with

<< { R1*4 } \\ { \fatText s1*4^\markup { \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.5) \column { \line { etwas ruhiger } werdend } } \emptyText } >>

The width of the bar expands to contain the text, but the multirest is too high by two staff lines. And according to the manual, you cannot adjust the "pitch" of a multirest to move it up and down. If there is another way to move the multirest up and down (and keep it centered), then this hack will work. Is that possible? Or is there another solution to this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Why don't you simply set the minimum-length property on MultiMeasureRest(Text)?

Why can't LilyPond figure out the length of the text itself?
Maybe a new feature somebody wants to sponsor?

   /Mats