Re: offset not working

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: offset not working
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:41:05 +0200

I would expect such marks to be left aligned with the bar lines instead
of centered over the multimeasure rest, to make it completely clear
exactly where in the music the change should happen. Here's one example:

\version "2.6.0"
\score{
{ \set Score.skipBars = ##t
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #3
  c''1 \mark \markup{\bold "Andante" } |
  R1*4 \mark \markup{\bold "Etwas langsamer" } |
  R1*7 c''1 }
\layout{raggedright=##t}
}

   /Mats

Kris Shaffer wrote:
It's not always necessary, but regularly in orchestral parts, you will have a new tempo or expression mark over each of several adjacent multirests (especially with the overly verbose German composers like Strauss and Mahler). So it would come in handy for me...

Kris