Re: More Centred Dynamics

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: More Centred Dynamics
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:07:37 -0500

On 8/30/05, Will Oram <address@hidden> wrote:
> (Sorry if this gets reposted; I seem to be having a nasty habit
> lately of sending lilypond e-mails from my nonregistered e-mail
> address!)
>
> I tried Mats' template for centred piano dynamics but found it to be
> off-balance. Maybe I will try later with greater tweaking. Also, do
> the dynamics in this template apply themselves to MIDI, or is it
> functional only in layout?
>
> In the meantime, I have reverted back to the example given in the
> manual. When I try the code below -- typed by myself, not copied --
> the piano staff appears as a three-staff system, with dynamics wedged
> between the second and third. This was tried with and without the
> MIDI \score block. If there's a typing error on my part, I sure don't
> see it.

<snip>

Hi Will,

Try replacing ...

\context PianoStaff <<
        \context Staff = upper \upper
        \context Staff = dynamics \dynamics % this line needs to change
        \context Staff = lower \lower
        \context Dynamics = pedal \pedal

... with ...

\context PianoStaff <<
        \context Staff = upper \upper
        \context Dynamics = dynamics \dynamics % here's the right version
        \context Staff = lower \lower
        \context Dynamics = pedal \pedal

... noting carefully to put your \dynamics in the Dynamics context
you've built (rather than in the Staff context).

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden