RE: stretchable systems

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: stretchable systems
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:57:01 -0500

Usually the vertical spacing is very good, but, as this thread and others
attest, not always.

I would like some way to override the vertical springs, providing absolute
control of spacing.  Something like \breakSpace #7 to force distance to the
following staff and \pageBreakSpace #0 to force distance from the last staff
to the bottom of the page.  The space at the top would be computed.

Yes, this is would be tedious to use, but far less tedious than the now
present need to fool the springs.

Anyone agree?  Disagree?

                                - Bruce