Release 2.6.3 for Fedora Core 4

From: Hermansdorfer, Mark
Subject: Release 2.6.3 for Fedora Core 4
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:20:37 -0400

Hi,

I think LilyPond is a great application and look forward to learning more about it as I use it.  I recently installed Fedore Core 4.  I downloaded LilyPond version 2.6.3, i386 RPM and tried to install it.  There was a problem.  The version of Ghostscript that is supplied with Fedora Core 4 is 7.07.  LilyPond 2.6.3 requires 8.15 and above.  So I found an 8.15 Ghostscript RPM, downloaded it and tried to install it.  Ghostscript 8.15 requires libcrypto.4.so and libssl.4.so.  The Fedora Core 4 release comes with new versions, libcrypto.5.so and libssl.5.so.  Is there any way to reconcile these differences?  There are many Fedora Core 4 files that rely on the later versions of libcrypto and libssl so it is not practical for me to revert back to the early version of these files.

Thank you,

Mark