Re: midi2ly troubles

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: midi2ly troubles
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:59:48 -0700

Start menu to Run type cmd
That gives you the command window from there you're on your own.
Jay

Rob Drew wrote:

Hi there. Just wondering if you can give me a bit of advice on midi2ly. I have just installed lilypond for windows (not the cygwin version) and I'de like to try the midi2ly script/program. My little bit of research so far has led me to believe that I need to install Python for windows which I know nothing about. Now I'm stumped. Ive been typing commands and paths that mean nothing and go nowhere. I've seen the "invoking midi2ly" page and the references to :

midi2ly [option]... midi-file

but I don't know where to type this..in python somewhere?? I'd love to be able to try converting some of my finale files to lilypond.

anyway, any help you can give would be appreciated.

Rob Drew