Re: Changing font in Lilypond...

From: lily
Subject: Re: Changing font in Lilypond...
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:52:20 +1000

>>>>> "Graham" == Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:

Graham> On 20-Sep-05, at 10:11 PM, Peter Chubb wrote:

>> How do I get Lily to use a more sensible font for PDF output?
>> Because I don't have New Centiury Schoolbok installed on my system,
>> lyrics come out in Courier (and look awful).  The documentation
>> just says `the default font is set by Pango/font' which helps me
>> not at all...

Graham> Please read the docs for 2.7; the example of changing fonts
Graham> should work in 2.6 as well.

Thanks, that worked.  It's still a little funny though:

I added
#(set-global-staff-size 16)
\paper {
  myStaffSize = #16

  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree "Times-Roman"
                          "Helvetica"
                          "Courier"
                           (/ myStaffSize 16)))
}

to the file, to get the standard postscript fonts  The fonts actually
used were of the  NimbusSanL- family (which is what Ghostscript uses
as a Helvetica lookalike).

I had to use `serif' instead of `Times-Roman' to get a times-like
font.

Peter C