Re: trouble with conversion ly to TeX

From: Guy Durrieu
Subject: Re: trouble with conversion ly to TeX
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:47:15 +0200

Erik Sandberg wrote :

The tex back-end is deprecated and unsupported. The normal operation is to create a .ps file directly.

Why do you need tex output?

Thanks for your answer.

What I find interesting in TeXT/LaTeX based tools is "interactivity". I mean that when you modify the source program and recompile it, you can see the result in a dvi window without recalling xdvi (the xdvi window must only be hidden during compilations). With lilypond, I think it would also be faster to see the result of modifications through the ly -> dvi output than by recalling ghostview or acrobat reader after each compilation. At least, that is
what I tried to verify :)

-- Guy Durrieu.