Re: HELP ABOUT SLUR OFFSET

From: Edward Neeman
Subject: Re: HELP ABOUT SLUR OFFSET
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:50:18 +1000 (EST)

--- MX <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all, bonjour à tous.
>
> 1. How can I ajust the position of the beginning of
> the slur in the
> picture attached ?
>
> I tried to override the control-points property of
> the slur object but I
> couldn't find rules to use it and I just want to
> push sligtly the
> beginning of the slur, not the entire slur. The
> property Slur
> #'attachment-offsets seemed to do that easyly but it
> does not exist
> anymore in the 2.6.0 release.

The control-points property uses points relative to
the start of the slur, unlike the attachment points
which are relative to the beginning and end.  The
control-points values tend to be quite large, '((0 .
1) (10 . -8) (20 . -8) (30 . 1)) that sort of thing.
It is awkward to use, but looking at your excerpt I
don't know a better way.

> 3. In a general manner, it's rather difficult to
> find in the doc what
> are all the properties for a given object and how to
> use them. Does
> exist anywhere in the doc a thesaurus of all the
> objects, and for each
> object all corresponding properties ?

I agree that there are a lot of problems and holes in
the Backend documentation.  Usually perseverance does
the trick.  If you find a solution to a particularly
stubborn problem, please post it in the Snippets
Repository so the rest of us can benefit!

Cheers,
Edward Neeman