Re: Shortened volta span & autopackage

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Shortened volta span & autopackage
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:22:43 +0200

Shelagh Manton wrote:

Hello,

I was hoping somebody would point me to the place in the documentation
where it shows how to shorten a volta bracket. I've seen it, but can't
find it again..

The volta will include exactly as many notes as you include in the
corresponding block of the \alternative{...}, so can't you just move
some notes outside the \alternative{...}, or maybe I didn't understand
your question. It's always easier to answer if you include some LilyPond
code and tell exactly what you want changed.

Shelagh

Also, could  someone explain how the autopackager decides whether to
update what you have already on your computer. I updated Lilypond
yesterday and guile, which I already had installed, was updated and the
upshot is that I had to uninstall guile thru' apt and reinstall it. Lilypond worked fine after this but before I did this, guile
could not load itself. Is it a conflict with the already installed guile?
Why did it need to update if the guile that was already there worked fine?

Please always tell what version of LilyPond you tried and what Linux
distribution you use yourself. If you search the mailing list archives for
bug-lilypond, you will notice that there have been several related discussions
there and that several attempts to fix the problems have been implemented.

  /Mats