Re: Fink's Lilypond 2.6.3 and tex backend

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Fink's Lilypond 2.6.3 and tex backend
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:54:13 +0200

Version 2.6 and later has much better support for other fonts. In fact the
default text font is now New Century Schoolbook. See Section
"8.1.8 Font selection" and the examples "font-family-override.ly" and
"font-name.ly" in the Regression Tests document.

  /Mats

Christian Ebert wrote:

* Mats Bengtsson on Tuesday, October 18, 2005:
I haven't followed the whole thread, but if all you want is to use
lilypond-book,  there's absolutely no need to have the tex backend
of lilypond working. From version 2.6, lilypond-book includes
eps files for every score line, so as long as LilyPond works for
ordinary scores with the default postscript backend and LaTeX
works for normal LaTeX documents, then lilypond-book should
also work.

With lilypond-1.+ I was able to do something like:

 \override Score.BarNumber   #'font-name = #'"psbr9d"

or

 \override LyricText   #'font-name = #'"pdirj8t"

to use a different font than the <shudder> ec-fonts-mftraced. I
don't believe I can do this w/o the tex backend working. But this
is what I need (song lyrics etc. see above).

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology