Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:58:59 +0100

liang seng wrote:

Hi, if that works, then it's great. (Since 2.7.19 isn't released yet on Windows, I can't test this). However, for the first rehearsal mark, the need to use the command \override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-offset = #0.0 still means that there is still a bug somewhere. Can it be fixed?

Why do you consider it a bug? Rehersal marks (at least in their literal meaning) are normally typeset center aligned over a bar line. I cannot see any reason to consider it right or wrong that a rehearsal mark at the beginning of a line is
center aligned or left aligned over a time signature or clef or whatever.
As has already been pointed out earlier, if you look at printed scores you will
probably find that it differs from company to company and from edition to
edition.

  /Mats