Re: different notehead sizes in one chord

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: different notehead sizes in one chord
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 13:14:31 +0100

On Thursday 01 December 2005 20.16, Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> Could an easier and faster way be sponsored?

I have a suggestion:
- Let music events have a optional grob property list, just like contexts
have. This could be initialised with a syntax similar to:
 <c d-\override NoteHead #'color = #blue e>8
- If an override list is present in the cause of a grob, Grob::Grob conses
this list to immutable_properties_alist_.

This should be fairly easy to implement, and to me it feels like a nice
solution of a problem. I see two possible problems:
- my proposed syntax may not be considered clean enough; it is a hack.
- This suggestion requires that Music gets a grob property system which is
very similar to the grob property system of contexts. Something needs to be
done to prevent code duplication; perhaps grob property handling could be
extracted to a new class.

--
Erik