Re: Roadmap to lily code

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Roadmap to lily code
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:25:32 +0100

dax2 wrote:
When I read such stuff I wonder why a message isn't an object. And
how do they propose to cut a string ... (enough said;-)

the Scheme standard is in R5RS, and IIRC, it doesn't specify how strings should behave in detail. Different implementations may have different methods. In any case, modifying values is against the spirit of functional programming, so you should use (substring .. ) anyway.