Re: Polyphony lyrics

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Polyphony lyrics
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:46:38 +0100

Citerar Don Blaheta <address@hidden>:

> If I compile the following in 2.6.4, I get---as expected---one column
> under the third note with "p" and "s".  However, I *don't* get
> *anything* under the sixth note (where I would expect "q" and "t").
> Why?
>
>   \score {<<
>     \context Voice = "foo" { a b << c \\ d >> e f << g \\ a >> b c }
>     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "foo" { h i j k l m n o }
>     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "1" { p q r }
>     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "2" { s t u }
>   >>}

The voices 1 and 2 are temporary; they are destroyed after the <<c\\d>> chord
and resurrected later. The \lyricsto command stops processing when the
associated voice dies.

Therefore, you need to keep the voice alive. This can be done using something
like
<<
 \context Voice="foo" { ... }
 \context Voice="1" { s1*2 }
 \context Voice="2" { s1*2 }

this will keep the voices 1 and 2 alive.

(IMHO this should be fixed automatically someday; it is however not on anyone's
todo)

Erik