Re: "Controlled aleatorism" notation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: "Controlled aleatorism" notation
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:05:30 +0100

Andrzej Kopec wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
 > > ----||--|-------||                    |-----
 > > ----||.-|---|--.||                    |-----
 > > ----||.-|---|--.||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|-----
 > > ----||--o---|---||                    |-----
 > > ----||------o---||                    |-----
 > >     \\         //

Sorry for lack of clearness. I meant brackets. I was looking for some graphical
object
which can be aligned to edges of StaffSymbol independently to duration of
current
note/rest/space. Rest seems to shift slightly to left if previous note-duration
is
longer. some non-rhythmical object would suit here better, i think.

Your best bet would be the barline, I guess.