Re: Invisible notes, Scheme contexts, Syntax

From: Arno Waschk
Subject: Re: Invisible notes, Scheme contexts, Syntax
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:34:21 +0000 (UTC)

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

 > I wonder whether this should be changed too. This would mean that
 >
 >    \clef alto
 >    \clef "alto"
 >
 > becomes
 >
 >    \clef #"alto"
 >
 > or
 >
 >    \clef #'alto
 >

 > This will simplify the syntax a bit, at the expense ease of entry.
 >
 > What do you think?

As a frequent user of lilypond with a certain need of quick music entry
and thus looking at it from a strictly practical view would strongly
prefer to keep the old short version. Although I understand your desire
for a consequent system of syntax iwould personally see '\clef #"alto"' as
being too many keystrokes and (sorry) ugly...

Or am I the only one who uses lilypond since (with some practice) i am
usually quicker than my collegues setting music with those famous
commercial music softwares?

just my two cents...

 > regs, and (of course) thanks for this really marvelous program!

Indeed! yours, Arno

--
http://www.arnowaschk.de