Integrating Lilypont o/p w. text, LaTex and Word and troff

From: Linda Seltzer
Subject: Integrating Lilypont o/p w. text, LaTex and Word and troff
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:07:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear Friends,

I would like to have a better idea of how to integrate Lilypond output
with text.

In the case of Windows and Word, which is what I have readily available at
present, I would have to insert the Lilypond output as a picture in the
Word document.  The Lilypond output is a .pdf file.
Question:  How does one control the size of the output picture.  For
example, is there a way to say that I want the output to leave a 1/4 inch
space after the last staff and then end the picture there?
Question:  Do I need to have Adobe Acrobat and not Reader in order to edit
the picture and convert it to a picture format?
Question:
What picture format should it be converted to?  Word provided a lot of
choices, but .pdf wasn't one of them.

In the case of LaTex
Is there a set of macros for LaTex so that I don't have to worry about
formatting text into paragraphs, etc.?
Where do I get LaTex?

In the case of Troff
Where to I get troff for Windows? (I don't have a linux system available
currently)?

Thank you,
Linda