Re: Still learning Lilypond's ropes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Still learning Lilypond's ropes
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:26:29 +0100

Quoting Ray <address@hidden>:

I have another question now, which hopefully will have an easier answer.
Currently, my melody and lyrics match up nicely and I'm producing a MIDI file. However, the PDF has unoptimal line breaks and I'm wondering if there's a way to
fix that:

I hope you have realized that the manual has an index, called "LilyPond Index" for some silly technical reasons. There, you
can search both for "line break" and "breaking lines".

Many thanks for hints or suggestions. If this is covered already in the manual I'll happily just read up on it---part of the difficulty in using the manual has been that it requires a lot of musical notation knowledge, which I don't (yet!)
have.

Have you seen the music glossary included in the LilyPond documentation?

Lastly, an easy to use template for a popular song (vocal melody and guitar
chords w/ finger diagrams, as one might buy in the store) would be awesome. If anyone has one or wants to make a template that would greatly help those of us
amateur songwriters who want to just get our creations on paper.

The example template for "Notes, Lyrics and Chords" in the manual
should be a good starting point. For the finger diagrams, you have to combine it with information in the section on "Fret diagrams"
(assuming that's what you were looking for).

  /Mats