Re: feature request: semi-automatic vertical spacement

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: feature request: semi-automatic vertical spacement
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:23:15 -0800

On 16-Jan-06, at 12:24 PM, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

there should be a user definable function for making the tweak file
names, so that the user could put the generated files in some
particular directory for instance.
(pagelayout-tweak-filename book-id score-id) => a pathname string.

why?

To ease my life?

It would make my life easier and a little bit more aesthetically pleasing, but on second thought it's not a big deal. In my realtime lilypond project, I have a huge number of small files. Most of them are in the form "line-1.png", "line-2.png", etc... except for the first one, which is "line.png".

It's easy enough to tell perl what the filename will be:
  if ($outN==0) { $outF="line.png"} else
    { $outF="line-${outN}.png"};

Now, if anybody looks in the output directory, they might get confused about the "line-X" vs. "line" thing... but I can just document that.

So never mind.  :)
- Graham