Re: using \include for fret diagrams

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: using \include for fret diagrams
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:57:38 +0100

First of all, using \include is completely equivalent to
pasting a copy of the included file at the place where you
have the \include command, so there's nothing magic at all
with \include.

I guess your real question is how to define a macro for
a particular fret diagram. You can simply do:
myfret = \markup \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"

and use the corresponding macro like

c^\myfret

 /Mats

Shelagh Manton wrote:

I've been thinking about using fret diagrams in various lead sheets for
singing and finding it awkward to use fret diagrams. If I wrote a fret.ly
file with my usual set of frets in it can I include it as you would files
such as english.ly etc?
Actually I know you can do this; probably what I'm asking is what would
the file look like?
Shelagh