RE: Download 2.4.6 for Windows

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: Download 2.4.6 for Windows
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:26:45 -0600

Jan -

In http://lilypond.org/web/ "Download" (at the top) links to
http://lilypond.org/web/install which, under 2.4, lists only 2.4.2 for
Windows.

http://lilypond.org/web/ says 2.4.6 in the Quick links list.  Link
http://lilypond.org/web/install/#2.4 offers only 2.4.2 for Windows.

Earlier versions (1.6.11, 2.0.1, 2.4.3) would occasionally terminate in
strange and mysterious ways - hasn't happened with 2.4.6.

I like 2.4.6 because it does rather well the things I do, because it works
well with jEdit, because I've learned to deal with the fonts, because I've
found ways to deal with vertical layout, etc. -- i.e., it is solid for my
purposes.

Reading the mail, it seems that newer versions have various problems with
installation and fonts and maybe jEdit.

                                - Bruce