Re: \score

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \score
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:20:11 -0800

On 22-Jan-06, at 10:10 PM, Paul Scott wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Read at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/Creating- titles.html#Creating-titles
to find the answer.

I finally read that section as well as the section on multiple movements. From the examples I *might* infer that only piece and opus can be changed in a new score.

That is correct. If it isn't clear, I'll look at making it more clear. (or ideally, you could tell me how to make it more clear. :)

Is there a way to have a movement title centered above the new movement which is the way most orchestral parts I read are done?

The easiest way is to simply stick them in separate ly files. The most interesting way is to redefine scoreTitleMarkup. (I think that's the right name -- take a look at the bottom of "Creating titles".)

Cheers,
- Graham