Re: not doing staff change(s) correctly

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: not doing staff change(s) correctly
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:45:59 +0100

On Saturday 18 February 2006 13.54, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
> [Mac OS X 10.4.4 ; Lilypond Version 2.7.28-2 (Build from 30-12-2005
> 19:17) ]
>
> Hi, everyone!
>
> Clearly I don't understand the \change Staff feature...  =\
> Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in the enclosed excerpt?
> It's adapted directly from the docs example, but clearly I introduced
> a problem in the translation!

Hi,

Staff switches can only occur in PianoStaffs, it doesn't work with
GrandStaffs.

Han-Wen: In 2.6 there used to be a warning message for this (warning: vertical
alignment called before line-breaking. Only do cross-staff spanners with
PianoStaff.) Is there particular reason that this was removed, or should we
consider it a release-critical bug?

--
Erik