Re: stanzas outside the music

From: Jeffrey Philpott
Subject: Re: stanzas outside the music
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:08:45 +0100

Having often to set songs with perhaps extra verses, I've found that the most comfortable way of implementing lots of text is by combining lilypond-book and latex to produce the desired effect, especially if there's no necessity of fitting the lyrics to the music itself.

Jeffrey

Here's an example which I put together late last year - I know it's
lengthy, but it shows what can be done.

 I would much prefer if I could input verse text into a variable and
then either put it between the staves or as a freestanding verse at
the end, using high level functions rather than layout specific
markup. Should we approach Han-Wen to see if this could be a feature
candidate for v 2.9?

Dunstan