Re: lilypond and LaTeX. Music glyph in a sentence.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond and LaTeX. Music glyph in a sentence.
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:36:05 -0800

On 27-Feb-06, at 11:26 AM, address@hidden wrote:

I'm working on an essay where a sentence like the following is needed

The first segment has a duration of 110 <dotted quarter> and blah, blah...

where <dotted quarter> should be replaced by the musical glyph.

1) Is there a way to achieve this?
2) Is it considered good practice? (I've seen it in other people texts)

If this sentence is inside lilypond markup, see "Overview of text markup commands" in the manual, specifically the \note command. If it's inside pure latex, then I'm not certain.

Cheers,
- Graham