LilyPond an LaTeX - Music glyph in a sentence.

From: Ezequiel Birman
Subject: LilyPond an LaTeX - Music glyph in a sentence.
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:37:33 +0000 (UTC)

>From: Gmane Autoauthorizer <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: Authorization required to post to gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general
>(ad2b1c32c578ef753f07d3f5d586d2fd)
>To: address@hidden
>Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:28:29 +0100

>You are now authorized to post to the
>gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general newsgroup.

>The original message you sent to the newsgroup will be
>posted within ten minutes.

>If you have any questions, they are most likely answered
>in the FAQ: <URL: http://gmane.org/faq.php>.

>--
>Your friendly autoauthorizer at Gmane.org
>http://gmane.org/

It seems my previous post got lost in cyberspace. My apologies if this turns up
into a double post. So here it goes again...

***********
From: address@hidden
Subject: lilypond and LaTeX. Music glyph in a sentence.
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:26:31 -0300

Dear fellows:
I'm working on an essay where a sentence like the following is needed

> The first segment has a duration of 110 <dotted quarter> and blah, blah...

where <dotted quarter> should be replaced by the musical glyph.

1) Is there a way to achieve this?
2) Is it considered good practice? (I've seen it in other people texts)

Thank you,
Ezequiel Birman.